Fast & Easy Contact

08163947802 (Whatsapp) || 25C0B934 (BBM) || @donlayeni (Twitter)



Thursday, 4 August 2016

AS I HANDOVER TO MY FRIEND MC PEPERENPE - Ashosho, Former Unilorin Students' Union Social Sec.

Congratulations to the newly sworn in Students' Union executives and other officers of the union especially my successor, Mc Peperenpe. A word somebody said to me that I dont forget, i want to tell you today 'if you work with the same passion you campaigned, you wont disappoint'.

I remember my  promises last year as I handover to my friend Mc Peperenpe. What have I achieved?

I took over from Com. Osas as the Students' Union Social Secretary on the 16th of June 2015. Many social events on campus are organised in collaboration with the Students' Union (Universities Inter-faculty Dance competition, Unilorin Got Talent, Miss Unilorin, etc). The independent Students' Union programs handed over to me include; Freshers' Party, Students' Union Week and the Students' Union Dinner. I hereby tag my achievements "Ashosho Legacy."

ASHOSHO LEGACY

1. UNILORIN ALL STARS and the 40th anniversary theme song. This fit was achieved with expenses over 215,000 naira without using the union fund.

2. UNILORIN IDOL. Unilorin Idol was held in Unilorin for the first time and it was a campaign promise fulfilled.

3. UNILORIN STARS non-stop music on unilorin 89.3 fm. First time to have a radio program where only unilorin artists songs are played. All expenses on this FM program has been executed without using the Students' Union funds.

4. The first time students will be winning gifts at the annual SU Freshers' Party. A student won 10k and over 60k worth of prizes were given.

5. UNILORIN CARNIVAL staged first time in unilorin, a campaign promise fulfilled.

6. A redefined Students' Union week with
Day 1. Fashion show
Day 2. Comedy day
Day 3. Jersey day
Day 4. Carnival day
Day 5. Cultural day with a guest artist Dr. Saheed Osupa performing for the first time in unilorin.

7. Students' Union redefined dinner pulled over 450 attendance for the 1st time against all odds, host Funke Akindele (Jenifa) the hottest movie star in West Africa.

Looking at my efforts, I can now say that I have fulfilled my campaign promises except the entrepreneurship week that is not in the constitutional jurisdictions of my office. I fully supported unilorinmusic.com to fulfill the Unilorin Artists night promise through Unilorin Industry Night.

I've enjoyed my tenure, met a lot of people, made new friends and enemies, discovered my potentials. I acknowledge the allegations levelled against me and decisions made based on allegations not on judgement. I ignored because i refused to lost focus. My focus has always been to fulfill promises not to win political battles, wars that cant add nor remove an inch to my future are not worth wasting time on.

I handover to my friend Mc Peperenpe, somebody who was in my committee and can do more and continue building the social life of unilorin.

I believe that one day☝unilorin social life will be an entertainment industry of its own.

CONCLUSION
I therefore appreciate my then president Com. Idris Alao Ibrahim (Observation) and fellow Comrades in the past administration. I appreciate other officers of the union and the then members of the Social Committee: Ahmed, Damzee, Creative C, IDC, Mkido, Tundexmania, Mc Peperenpe, Raf-Zafaaq models, Jagaban, to mention but few.

I most of all appreciate all unilorites for giving me the opportunity to serve.

-Aondongusha Tersoo Isaac
AKA
Ashosho

#mc_peperenpe
#ashosho
#datBENUEboyINunilorin

No comments:

Post a Comment